Tuesday, June 1, 2010

walking in sunshine

It's been so long since I've posted here that I'm not sure anyone will stop by anymore. But if you are, thank you, and I wanted to let you know that I just made public a new blog where I've been journaling through this journey I've been on ever since I was diagnosed with breast cancer.

I felt like here, Sunshine on my Shoulders, hasn't been the right place for me to share my updates, thoughts and feelings. I know there are a lot of people who don't want to read about cancer or someone's journey through it. I understand and respect that. I probably would have been one of those persons prior to this. Hopefully, I'll still post occasionally here, but you can always find me over at the new blog.

But the writing has been therapeutic so I've been doing it in private. I have realized that I needed a better way to keep my family and friends updated on how I've been feeling and what I've been experiencing. This blog seemed like the obvious answer. There's even photos.

I did have a TUMBLR blog that I made public here a few posts back where I wrote about the journey up to my lumpectomy, but then I stopped writing there. This new blog has incorporated those posts and then has continued on from when I received the news that the cancer was invasive and that I would have to undergo chemotherapy.

You can find WALKING IN SUNSHINE at this address: http://walkingnsunshine.blogspot.com/
(notice there is no 'i' in 'in')

For those who aren't inclined to visit me over there, let me give you a quick update. I made it through the last three weeks after my first round of chemotherapy. I had some minor side effects that were manageable, but nothing severe. The hardest part was that my hair has started to fall out. I go in for round 2 today.

I have a lot to be thankful for and have so many blessings that God has given me and my family. If you have said one or many prayers for me... thank you. Words can not tell you how much I appreciate them and your friendship. You are one of those blessings =)

10 comments:

MightyMom said...

Round 2 ~~ ay-ay captin' here we go!!!

glad you made the walk public! for there are many who want to walk by your side...even to hold your hand....and wrap you in sunshine along your journey.

or at least, there's ME!
:-)

Just Mom said...

Not follow you?! Are you kidding me?!

Mommy, I'm Home said...

Oh, please, of course we're all still following you!

Lisa said...

Visiting from Sarah's. It's bittersweet to read in blogs about a "diagnosis." Bitter because I think all of us are saddened by someone else's suffering, but sweet, too, because we know there's something we can do to help when we find these things out. We're praying. You'll be in our family prayers this day, Diana.

Mrs4444 said...

Stopping by with prayers for your recovery (Mighty Mom sent me :)

kailani said...

Oh Diana, I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I had no idea. I'm happy to hear that the side effects are manageable and I hope it stays that way. You're in my prayers.

Maxine said...

Diana, I have not been here in so so long and the last time I had left after finding out about your initial diagnosis and thought all was resolved. My dear, how sorry I am for what you have been going through since I was last here. You are most certainly going to be in my prayers from now on and I will certainly be checking over at the new blog to see how you;re doing. God be with you and strengthen you and keep you through it all. He can and He will.

Susan said...

Diana, I saw your comment on Just Mom's post this morning and was led to click on it and see what was going on with you and yours. I see now why I was. I had no idea about your cancer. I am so very, very sorry to hear this. I will be praying for you and will add this request to the prayer blog. Jesus is our healer, as well as our Savior. My prayer for you is that you walk in that truth. God bless you.

Lori said...

Just stopping by to say hi Diana.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Maybe once school starts up I can be better about keeping up with blogs.

sharon brobst said...

I had no idea! So sorry! I wondered where you went!! I'll be happy to Follow you over to a new place! ;)